A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The story of me and my Root...

Let's talk about how I met my husband...that should be fun! It was fall of 2005 and I was a single and ready to mingle. I was 21 and ready to bring it. I had a personal list of what I wanted in "the right guy" it included:
1) to have their own car
2) have a job or source of money- so I wouldn't have to pay for dates :)
3) have a degree or be going to school to get a degree
4) have a good attitude/personality

On my soon to be husbands list:
1) be of legal drinking age (because he was almost 30 :)
2) have a girlie figure
That's probably all.... :P

We met at a local bar; Mangia Italiano, where we had mutual friends playing in a band that night. Scott's pick up line was "I make wine."....my reply was "so....my dad does that." Needless to say neither one of us probably made a good first impression, however that night progressed with drinking, shots, and didn't end until 3am.

I blew him off for about a month, until I came around and thought...this guy has every quality on my "list" and then more. He had a degree, job, a house, and he was a nice guy. On November 5, 2005 we began dating. Scott was awesome at finding all the places I have never been and taking me out to dinner and drinks. I was courted very well!

Our first Valentines day was at Monarch- and dinner ended up being about $175 (and we had only been dating for 4 months). Our first "trip" together was to Chicago to meet his best girl friend and old next door neighbor Liz. Basically I had to pass the Liz test to be official :) I think I did alright. Scott surprised me with a graduation trip to Seattle when I was done with grad school in 2007.

Around that time I had moved back in with my parents and got my first big girl job. On October 25, 2007 Scott asked me out on a date. A limo showed up to take us to Mangia for dinner, and then the Grand Basin in Forest Park where he proposed. We finished up that night with a few stops at different bars (Lucas Park, and the Famous Bar).

I moved in right before we got married and the rest is history! We were married September 27, 2008, and went to Maui, Hawaii for our honeymoon. We enjoy traveling, although neither one of us really likes flying we know it is the quickest way to get from point A to point B. This year we have lots of changes to come, we will not be traveling as much because we are expecting our first addition to our family. Time to focus on nesting, and rearranging our home to fit this new little person. Can't wait to see what else life has to bring.

1 comment: