A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

GREAT REVIEW!!!

Today I got my review back from my supervisor. She came to see me work with 2 students a few weeks ago and observed me working at my new school this year. The very last sentence she wrote on my review was this:

"These sessions observed today are an example of a superior performance in therapeutic planning and implementation of an occupational therapy program for young students with autism."

Wow....I was speechless. I know that I LOVE my job and the kids I work with, I am now feeling like it might be showing through and others can see just how much I appreciate being able to work with students with Autism.

Speaking of Autism...I am sure you have all heard the news that came out today regarding vaccines and their link to Autism. An article in the British Medical Journal- The Lancet- a doctor named Andrew Wakefield claimed that there was a strong link to children who developed with Autism and getting vaccines as a child. Well this was ALL FALSE information. Can you imagine putting out that kind of information and knowing it was false! The people's lives this has affected, and laws that have changed in MANY countries because of this information.
Unbelievable....

However, I do believe that we needed to clean up the vaccines and get some of the preservatives out...so that is good...but what a ruckus this doctor has caused.

Whew...what a week...can't wait until tomorrow!! FRIDAY!!!!!

1 comment: