I had my 4 month OB visit today and my husband came along. I had a list of questions ranging from vaccinations, ultrasound questions, and my newest symptom (CRAZY sensitive ears...I can not wear earrings because my ears will swell up!). Well unfortunately the NP (nurse practitioner) was unable to show me pictures from my previous ultrasounds she did tell me that I have a Septate uterus. Which, after researching this a little a few weeks ago, this is the "best" type of abnormality to have. This means there is a little septum in the middle of my uterus that hangs down. She reassured me that if there were any concerns about how sever this was, or where the baby had attached I would have been sent to another doctor for further testing/ultrasounds. WHEW!! That made me feel so much better! The NP also told me a story about a women she followed with a sever septate uterus who delivered at 30 weeks...early...but all were well :)
Oh yea, I also got a little instruction on how to use a doppler to look for the baby's heart beat vs. the placenta (I didn't know they both had individual heartbeats!) Baby L had a heart beat of 160BPM.
Here is a picture of me today, 15 weeks 2 days. It looks as though I ate too much, but really my baby is the size of an apple today and growing strong!!!
I also wanted to share 2 things I came across while waiting at the OB's office:
1) Kush- www.kushsupport.com :
That's right...a little piece of plastic placed between your breasts to keep them supported and from flopping on top of each other. I'm not going to lie this looks like a GREAT idea. It might make sleeping more comfortable.2) Lullabelly Prenatal Music Belt- http://www.lullabelly.com/:
WOW...that's all I have to say. I dunno how any baby survived and thrived without their mommy putting on a music belt....Well off to enjoy my extra episode of Jersey Shore...It's no music belt...but I am guessing Jersey Shore is the next best thing. :)
I'm so excited my lullbelly will be here this week!
ReplyDeleteErin are you serious? My best friends fiance told me to put an ear bud in my belly button and it will do the same thing :) Not making fun of it...I see the benefits...but it is not the way I would like to spend $60.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't pay for it either, Baby Myers is already being spoiled by my mom. She also got this lil monkey rock a by baby lullaby cd's. I won't argue with my mom she having way to much fun shopping and shipping. So I just wait for all the exciting new things to get here ;)
ReplyDeleteWell in that case shop and ship away!! And you better take a picture of it when you have it on, for me!! What do u think about my ear bud in the belly button idea?? It would save me some cash!! Haha :)
ReplyDeleteI think it's a a good idea but funny too. I just hope you don't end up with an outie later on. lol My belly button is scrunched together so I don't know if one would fit :\ I will post pictures of me wearing it once I get it!
ReplyDelete