Some times I feel like I share all day long. The students I work with do not really know what know what personal space is. Multiple times a day I will get coughed on (in the face), stepped on my toes, and fallen on by the students that want a little extra sensory input. I do not mind loving on my students, but I do mind sharing my personal space with their coughing, runny noses, and dirty little fingers :)
Recently I have been thinking about the things that I share at home with my husband. Some are weird, some are regular. I'd like to think we share common household chores...i.e. dishes (Scott may think otherwise), vacuuming, and weed picking. However chores we do not share doing laundry, mowing the grass, dusting, and cleaning the bathroom. I personally have 3 of those 4 chores :(
Ok, lets move past chores and talk about personal items that most significant others share. We share the same bathroom (because we only have 1) however we do not share toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels, toothbrushes, or towels. We share a bed, but not covers. And we share a dresser and closet, but not the same clothes.
Have you ever thought about how much of your time you share with others? OR how much of your space? And is it really your space? Is everything made to be shared? Do we just get a little greedy and claim ownership because we worked hard and earned the money or personal success to get where we are?
So here is so sharing...a good laugh, a great time, a personal moment, or a toothbrush.

Image from: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/1992-10-28.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.offthemark.com/search-results/key/scuba&usg=__nOfHKE2B3h61UVBKLR_BEk_5y-A=&h=320&w=240&sz=16&hl=en&start=11&zoom=1&tbnid=VpkAuq4XRm-_WM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=89&ei=rCozTciaIs6cgQejj4mdCw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsharing%2Bcartoon%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D579%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1
Oh yea....I forgot...There is another chore I do not share...bill paying. That's right...My husband does all the bill paying, in fact I am not sure if I would even know how. (and he cooks...man I lucked out :)
ReplyDelete