A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Saturday night dinner date!!

Last night Scott and I had an AWESOME dinner over at our friends house. Scott and Steve enjoyed sharing their Scotch's, Whiskey's, Run, and Sherry- all 16 of them! While Jen and I talked about having babies (she has 4 year old twin boys), I snacked on brownies, and she drank some wine (JEALOUS!).







For dinner Jen made the most amazing home-made mac and cheese- a Barefoot Contessa recipe. The secret ingredient is probably the Gruyere cheese...mmm....It was SO good!

Here is the RECIPE. You will NOT be disappointed!

Ingredients

  • Kosher salt
  • Vegetable oil
  • 1 pound elbow macaroni or cavatappi
  • 1 quart milk
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 12 ounces Gruyere, grated (4 cups)
  • 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, grated (2 cups)
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 pound fresh tomatoes (4 small)
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh white bread crumbs (5 slices, crusts removed)
Steve made home-made fried fish using tilapia. It too was SO YUMMY!!!

Thanks so much for having us over! It is always great to see you and get hit on by 4 year old little boys :) I always preferred the name Vermonica.

No comments:

Post a Comment