A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Monday, January 31, 2011

BEN FOLDS, BEN FOLDS, BEN FOLDS!!!!

WOO HOOO!!! I can not even begin to count the number of times my husband and I have seen Ben Folds live in concert. I will say it is not more than 10, but he is probably one of our favorites and I have been to more of his concerts than anyone other musician. My relationship with Ben began when I was dating my husband...

Scott and I had just had a fun night out on the town, and on the way home he wanted me to listen to this song by Ben Folds called "The Luckiest". Little did I know that a few years later this would be the song we had our first dance to as a married couple. As soon as he played the song I just wanted to hear it again and again and again. I thought it was one of those really well written songs with a good melody and story.

Since that night I have become a pretty big fan. I know when Ben is performing in the area, and in 2009 we stood in the rain in our ponchos at Lollapalooza to see Ben perform.

Well last night was my ULTIMATE fan moment. Ben was playing at the Pageant and he had an opening group called the Street Corner Symphony- they were the runners up from the "Sing-Off", the TV show that Ben was a judge for. This group is from Nashville and they were REALLY good, they performed THIS SONG last night.

Before the concert we were meeting 2 other couples for "drinks" at the Halo bar, and the plan was to order pizza from Pi and get into the Pageant early enough to maybe get a seat. Well we got to Halo RIGHT when it opened and we were a little too far back in line to get a table, so instead we just decided to go over to Pi and eat there. We had a little wait to get a table and we were seated in the back room. Right when it was time to order who walks in the back door and sits at the table behind us!?! BEN FOLDS AND HIS BAND!!!!! Of course everyone at my table had a FREAK OUT CREEPY FAN moment, and we couldn't stop staring. It was so awesome. We keep a pretty close eye on them throughout our dinner and it was fun to see all the other fans walk in and geek out like we did :) There was really no good moment to ask for a picture or autograph but it was so much fun to STARE, and take creepy photos.


So here is my CREEPY FAN PHOTO!!! Taken by my friend across the table :) Me on the left, Ben in the middle, Root on the left.

The concert ended up being awesome and be broke out some oldies from his record Rockin' the Suburbs and of course "The Luckiest". I left that concert feeling so fullfilled. I hope that feeling will keep me warm these next couple of days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment