A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I LOVE my job...

I work in a couple of elementary schools with all different types of students. Today one of my favorite students (well I say this every time I talk about a student, because they are all my favorite) told me, "Mrs. Lampley, I can make you a baby, a little person that will look just like you. It will only take me about a minute." Now at this point I am cracking up inside, but I continue to question this student to see exactly what he is talking about. He then proceeds to tell me that he can put information into a computer he made and he can make anything happen. Great Imagination!!! Unfortunately, I am not sure that he knew how bad his first comment was.

This student is a first grader, and he is so freaking cute and smart! He does not know that I am pregnant, so his comment was out of the blue, but right on track. He always talks about how much he likes OT, and how he needs extra help to learn how to slow down and pay attention to what he is writing.....(well do it then! haha!)

Another student of mine, a 2nd grader. Told me a few weeks ago that his dad took him to the local Thanksgiving Day parade and some cheerleaders came out to perform. His dad commented to the student how cold the cheerleaders must be, because they were wearing such little skirts outside. My student's reply, "No way dad, their HOT!" And my student thought it was important to let me know that conversation took place :) again...another reason why I LOVE my job.

I think I need to practice not laughing out loud when students say inappropriate things...man I am so bad at that....all in good time. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment