I feel pretty stressed and so far behind. I could not have been luckier with the snow-day’s I have had this year, but really I have worked 5 days since Dec. 18th. I’m hoping for a great February too ;-)
This weekend was pretty low key. We didn’t have many plans. Our house is FINALLY getting in order. We had a guy doing some drywall repair work the past week and it was SO DUSTY in my house. It took me about 2 full days to fully vacuum, dust, and clean every square inch! (which I do because I am crazy and like my house to be clean and in order) Now that my house is clean and in order, I feel better about prepping my meals for the week, planning out my workouts, and organizing my calendar. I really need to start making a to-do list though. I tend to get forgetful after I put Allie down, now that we have a comfy couch to sit on and I have a show I am binge watching on Amazon Prime (Parenthood- check it out).
On Saturday we went to the gym in the AM, got in a good burn, and then went to The Nest. It is a cute little coffee shop, play area for kids, where parents can relax and eat while their kiddo gets some wiggles out. However, Allie tried to jump off the 2nd level of the tree house, and almost flipped off the super slippery slide (say that 10 times). I convinced Scott to go with us, because they had a bagel and lox- his favorite. Needless to say, they didn’t have it when we got there, and they were actually out of lox completely. I ordered a molasses late- it tasted just like a vanilla late, and gluten-free monkey bread. It was ok- bread was kind of dry, which I should have expected when she took it out of the warmer and said it was the last one they had. I ordered Allie fruit skewers- fruit on a stick basically- and when it arrived it was a bunch of pineapple and a few grapes in a bowl, they were out of skewers, so Allie threw a fit. UGH! Then Scott’s French toast arrived and it was literally 3 slices of French bread (SMALL slices) with a little syrup, that cost $9.50! Next time were going to I-Hop and bringing the iPad for Allie to play with.
Saturday night was pretty fun, we have a neighbor who babysits Allie now, and she came over while Scott and I went to a progressive dinner in our neighborhood. We just moved here in October- so this was a fun way to meet other neighbors. We were pretty much the youngest, and had the youngest kiddo (which is why we also left the earliest- momma can’t hang!). We had appetizers and drinks at one house, main course at another, and finally desserts at a 3rd house. All the houses are within walking distance from us- but we drove, causes we’re American’s. I wish I could remember all my neighbors names, but maybe I will see them again once it warms up and we get outside more. It’s fun to live in a neighborhood with a clubhouse, pool, and social events!
Sunday was another low key day. We hung around the house and took Allie to the park. Later my in-laws stopped by for a quick dinner, and to see Allie of course. I got some cleaning done and an AWESOME Insanity workout. I burned just over 600 calories doing Max cardio circuit. I had just finished a brownie before I went to work out- cause that’s how I roll- and I knew that was a mistake from the second I started my warm up.
This week I am beginning my dairy free trial- (HELLO WHEAT! I missed you!) I also started drinking my Shakeology this morning, and I am limiting my caffeine. I’m hoping to see some good results from eating better and working out this week!!
Until next time FRIENDS!
No comments:
Post a Comment