A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Moderation & T25 Review

The past few weeks I have learned that I do not do well when I am told I can not have something. Lets take into account 2 weeks of "wheat/gluten free" living. It made me branch out and find some new foods, but I was confused for the entire 2 weeks and I had a difficult time planning my food/calories each day. I felt deprived (no wheat) so I would compensate by eating more of the gluten free foods. 

This past week was dairy free...seems easy enough, but for the first 3-4 days my stomach was a mess! I also decided to decrease my caffeine and fake sugar intake that week. But by decreasing these things I still allow myself to have them in moderation. (Diet soda on Wednesday, cup of coffee this morning) 

Since January I have not lost any weight, though I am lifting heavier and my clothes still fit just fine, but I would like to loose about 15 more pounds. But I am so confused, it's no wonder I can't loose any weight. Also- if you follow me on MFP you can see that yesterday I had 4 pieces of bread...seriously F-U wheat! Because I wasn't allowed to have something for 2 weeks I am over compensating for it now! 

I lost my first 40 pounds by eating and drinking whatever I wanted in moderation. That worked really well for me, and that is how I want to continue to live my life. I now realize when I think I can not have something I "binge" on something else and I never feel satisfied. NOT HEALTHY FRIENDS!! 

I go back to the doctor this week to see what the next plan is...I hope it doesn't involve taking things I am used to and know I like from my diet. But we shall see! Ugh! Ok- so enough of my ranting about wanting to eat cheese and drink beer...

On to something more fun- T25! I am only 2 days in, so here are my random thought in no particular order. It is a great "mom/busy person" workout. It is quick- 25 minutes, which is great for those working days or just to squeeze in when you need a break. (Or to do while your toddler runs circles around you in the basement). So far I am only doing the Alpha cycle (easier than Beta) and it is good. Makes me sweat and burn about 250 calories in 25 min. Some of the moves are multi-step which takes a little more thinking (than the Insanity that I was used too). Some of these are a little difficult for me to catch on to, motor planning and coordination are not my strengths. But again I have only done the T-25 Cardio DVD and the Speed DVD, can't wait to see what the other ones are like.  The Cardio DVD didn't have a warm up, which I really like, because I feel like warm ups are a waste of time :-). The Speed DVD had one minute intervals (HIIT type workout) one minute cardio/speed, one minute stretching, for 8 cycles, then an 8 minute speed cycle non-stop cardio. (Don't quote me on those times...I tried to pay attention, but was distracted trying to learn the moves/stay on tempo).

I REALLY like Insanity, but sometimes those 45-60 minute workouts seem daunting...so much that I would pull up a Jillian Michaels video on YouTube just to get a "break". I am not scared of T-25, and I have this mentality that I can do anything for 25 minutes. I would highly recommend this DVD to people interested in Insanity but don't have the time/motivation to complete the long HARD workouts. I would also personally prefer to do this after having a baby, wayyyy more than Insanity.  (No, I am not pregnant, but I have quite a few friends who are, or just had babies and are interested to hear how T-25 was going- thanks for asking.... :-/ ) I am interested to see if I can motivate myself to do some 5am workouts this week, like I have done since the beginning of the school year, all those snow days got me all off schedule!! 

NOTE: I still LOVE Insanity more, this far...maybe the Beta cycle will change my mind. I preferred level 2 Insanity over level 1. 

Also, I use this for days when I do not go to the gym, it's not my only form of working out. I love to lift weights, sprints on the treadmill a new favorite (5% incline, 10 MPH- sprint 0:20, hop off and rest 0:40- repeat 10-15 times), elliptical workouts, and step mill. I mix it up and do what I want to keep my body guessing. 

Until next time friends! 
~V

No comments:

Post a Comment