Without further a-do lets talk about moving...I.NEVER.WANT.TO.DO.IT.AGAIN!! Seriously I don't know how you all do it...it sucks! We have so much stuff! (Including quite a bit that we need to get rid of...that we had to move to the new house to go through) We hired movers, thank God! But man that was an ordeal! We have had such great support from our parents, helping watch Allie, and our friend Liz helping me paint Allie's room! It turned out so cute!
So far we have replaced about 1000 sqft of carpet and the flooring in the master bath, had the jacuzzi tub and surrounding wall tile removed (cue my first panic attack...but that's a story for another time), fixed all 3 toilets, 2 shower heads replaced, bought a new fridge (with crazy stupid dimensions), had electric "things" brought up to code (evidently 3 inspectors over looked something that an electrician saw as soon as he walked into our garage), electric outlets added, plumbing added for fridge/utility table, replaced 2 light fixtures, replaced 3 ceiling fans, and began working in the backyard. Whew! This is on top of just cleaning the heck out of EVERYTHING! The house was a little more "dirty" than I expected. We cleaned all the windows, cabinets, pantries, got the carpets cleaned, scrubbed shower tiles, walls wiped down, and just a basic overall disinfect. My fingers were raw from all the vinegar and dawn dish soap! However I was glad we could be fairly "clean" with our cleaners. No scrubbing bubbles or comet over here!
I've been out walking around the block with Allie multiple times a day and it is amazing and fun! (Until she stops for 30 minutes and collects everything that's on the ground) She enjoys the freedom of being able to walk "on the sidewalk" like a big girl. I went on a run, but got a little lost...and my phone wasn't turned up so I couldn't hear how far I had run. When I thought I had gone far enough I headed home (it was 2.75 miles...so not bad!) if I would have known I would have went the extra .25 to round out 3 miles. I haven't been working out like I was...but hopefully now that we are settling in a little I can get some more workouts in...my alarm is set for 5am...wish me luck!
Allie is learning about the new house, but she is pretty much a crazy girl trying to get into everything and test her limits. On top of the move and everything being different she had been with "babysitters" and grandparents a lot lately, so Scott and I could work in the new house. Now it is up to Scott and I to do some "behavior cleanup". I can see us entering the phase of terrible 2's (I thought it was starting like a year ago...but this is getting tough!!) And I hear 3 is even more difficult...yay...
But anyway...I will stop boring you and show you some pics :-) Allie's new room, our spread at "closing" on our new house, we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary somewhere in there..., and a cute pic of my scrumpy-roo (wearing a handmade outfit from her grandma L).




That outfit is adorable!
ReplyDelete