It is "mostly" official! We will be closing on our new house in 1 week! This process has taken wayyyy tooooo long to get here! But it's almost go time! I just wanted to share with you today some things that I will miss and not miss about my current home (which we still own because we could not sell...we are going to rent it), and things I am looking forward to at my new home.
Going to miss:
*My great neighbors - except that motorcycle guy across the street, you might have big muscles but the fact that you get your motorcycle out for the night right after we put the baby down makes me hate you.
* My gym- J you have helped me loose 40 pounds, you have awesome amenities (I have barely had to wash towels in 3 years), and your child care is far superior to anywhere I have ever seen.
* My cute little old brick house- so many little quirks, original stained glass pocket windows, and a great backyard.
Things I will NOT miss:
* Busy street! Between motorcycles, stupid orange Mustangs, metro busses, and everyone else I am so tired of being scared to walk out to my car because A might run out into the street.
* Squeaky floor...o.m.g...enough said.
* Crazy steep indoor stairs...really we should say we have a ladder to get up stairs and down stairs.
* One car driveway/garage- ever heard of musical cars...we play it often and I hate that game...the other option would be to park in that street...until you park your new car in the street and it gets hit and towed while you are out of town for the weekend...but that's another story.
* Lack of good floor plan/space
Things I am looking forward to:
* Chopping 54 miles off of my daily commute, and 40 off my husbands!
* Being in a good school district!
* Having a neighborhood clubhouse, tennis courts, workout room, and pools!
* Living on a quiet street!
* Having closets! Seriously! There are 2 "coat" closets and a pantry on the main floor!
* Adding 1 1/2 more bathrooms...more to clean maybe...but I can't wait!
* Having the feeling that this house is "mine" - I have always felt like I am living at my husbands house...I know it sounds weird, but he had been here before me, bought all the furniture, painted all the walls, and designated areas for certain things. Sure I came along and "helped" shape the house into what it is today, but I am looking forward to having more of a say in the decorating/organizing of the new house.
* Having more space!
I will say my biggest fears with moving is that my family will not come see my as often, 15 extra minutes in the car, and that we will have a 2 story house. I know that's a weird fear, but I've not really ever been in a 2 story house!
Our new house is younger than me, and has only had the original owners since being built. It needs a little updating but with some new carpet and paint I just know it will look great!
Enjoy some pics...old house vs new. We're movin' to the burbs!




No comments:
Post a Comment