A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Two weeks in!

We have been in our new house for 2 weeks now! That's crazy to think! We have done so much, but still have so much to do.  We love taking a walk around the block after dinner with Allie. She can pull her wagon, ride her bike, or just run with us. We attempted to try a stroller walk a few days ago, but that ended with Allie pushing the stroller :-) {in reality the walks get a little frustrating when Allie stops every foot to pick up leaves, or 5000000000 acorns...but i have to just take a deep breath and softy push her along} The street is so quiet, I've almost forgot how loud the old street was...almost. 

We are finding the little quirks of the house, popping water pipes with temperature change, the sound of the sprinkler system, and where the few creeks are in the floor. I'm settling into my new space, cleaning this much space with a 2 year old is a little crazy, but I will get used to it over time.  We have changed out the old curtains in the dining room and  formal living room finally! But still have a slew of vertical blinds to get rid of in the kitchen, eat in area, bathrooms, and family room (and on a door! Who puts vertical blinds on a door?! That's cray! We also need to get on the painting bandwagon and get this bad boy in tip top shape! All in good time. 

Speaking of good time, I was able to start another part time job as an Aquatic OT! This was a job I previously had before moving to the schools, and it was so good to get back and see some of my old clients! A lot has changed in about 4 1/2 years! It is such a fun job, very physical, as I am swimming back and forth and physically assisting individuals to maintain good body positions in the pool for about 9 hours. (I don't workout on that day right now :-) ) I'm so glad I can help the company, and it was perfect timing with buying a new house and having to find rented for our old house. I'm hopeful that soon everything will fall into place. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment