A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The beginning of Fall....

I love fall.... The weather is nice and cool, lots of events going on; and yummy pumpkin beer, apple pie, and chili time!! (but not all together because that sounds awful)

We had a wonderful weekend and I am sharing things I do not want to forget.

Allie had her first "big" fall outside and bumped her head and scraped her nose :-( she also chewed through my gel handle on my brush (which actually has gooey gel in it!!!) after a little freak out I googled info about the brush and luckily on the website it states the gel is safe for animals and humans and is food grade. Whew... I'm guessing another mother had asked the same question when her baby was covered in the goo also :-/

Thursday I went to visit my very best Friend Jen who just had a baby boy a week ago!!! He is PERFECT! Adorable and his mommy and daddy love him so much! I only caught 1 picture of him and he is crying :'( I must have made him mad. However it did give me a chance to see what it would have been like if I had another baby and Allie at this age- whew... TOUGH!! Good thing she likes being an only child!

Friday we had dinner with our neighbor/friends/coworkers who are expecting their first baby in February!!! She looks beautiful and has the tiniest little bump!! We ate at Haveli's Indian restaurant close to our homes and Allie almost grabbed a sizzling hot plate!!! Whew! The waiter caught her arm before she got it- catastrophe averted. It was nice to catch up - and give them a little taste of what they are in store for in about a year and a half :-)

Saturday Allie had a playdate with her friends Avery,Easton, and Hannah (Lucas couldn't make it this time :-( ) I was able to catch up with my girlfriends and Allie got to play with some other kiddos for a while.

Allie and daddy had a little music lesson- learning to play the guitar and dance all at one time. Allie put a goldfish cracker in the guitars f-hole when daddy wasn't paying attention ;-) it will be in there forever! Haha!!

We then caught a little glimpse of the hot air balloon race in Forest Park on our way to Sauce on the Side- calzone restaurant near the city garden. My
parents- friends/neighbors - son opened the restaurant with 2 other guys and they have some AWESOME calzones. I highly recommend the Costanza, or the Magic Carpet Ride (all mushroom- awesome name right?!)

After dinner we brought Allie to the City garden and let her run around for a little while. She had a good time, and got out some of her energy.

Today we went to Troy to visit Grams, grandma, and papa (my in-laws). We brought some cinnamon raisin bread to share and they made an awesome dinner for us. I'm pretty sure Allie ran around their house 100 times before we went home. It's always nice to see our family and man oh man Allie loves her papa! (maybe even more than me at times!)

Oh yea, and Allie LOVES our cat (Rose) and the cat is not so fond of Allie so today it came to head and Allie got bit on the wrist. Rose got in trouble and Allie is just fine... The cat barely broke the skin.... But still she hurt my baby and that made me MAD!

Whew... Can't wait until next weekend!!! Hope we have just as much fun as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment