A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Monday, September 3, 2012

"Healthy" chocolate chip cookies!!

On my quest to blog more I thought I would try and make a new "healthy" cookie recipe to share with all my followers. Today I had a craving for a chocolate chip cookie- and I kept thinking about the mini chocolate chips I had left over in my cabinet.

I didn't want to make the typical egg, butter, sugar, flour cookie- but I also didn't want the dense banana based cookies that are all over Pinterest right now. Oh, and I am not yet ready to attempt the chickpea based cookie- though it would probably be pretty yummy.

I found a recipe I liked and saw there was more that could be changed to make it even "healthier" so here is my recipe-

1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg - I used the equivalent in egg whites egg substitute (Target brand)
1/4 cup apple sauce- I use unsweetened
1 banana mashed
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini)

Mix it all together and drop the dough on a greased pan (or parchment paper) and bake at 350 for 11-15 minutes.

I think they taste pretty good!! And they contain no butter, no egg yolk, no white flour, and no oil!! I will add that the cookies are more "cake" like than a regular cookie. They are fluffy and soft, so if you are looking for a crunchy dense cookie this is not for you. But if you like cake just as much or more then cookies you will enjoy these "healthy" chocolate chip cookies.

Enjoy the pics... From my iPhone of course :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment