A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Project FAIL!!!

I was going to make a French style bulletin board for the baby's room, because I could not find a picture frame that I liked that matched my owl design. AND they just came out with a 3rd fabric in the owl series that matches PERFECTLY!

So let's see how the French Bulliten Board making went:

Step 1: Buy supplies- bulliten board and enough fabric to cover the entire thing (with a little more so you can fold it over the edges to secure it.


Step 2: Buy more supplies- ribbon to attach and make the diagonal design, a cute decoration to place where the ribbon crosses.


Step 3: Gather securing materials- glue gun, extra glue sticks, stapler, extra staples, and scissors

Step 4: Secure the fabric on the bulletin board using staples on the back.

Step 5: Lay out the ribbon and decorative pieces to make sure you like the way it looks.

Step 6: Secure all pieces with glue gun.


Now sit back and admire your uneven crookedly designed board....blah....Because of how the ribbon was laying I was unable to attach it corner to corner, which threw off the entire design. OH well...live and learn!

THEREFORE: I will not attempt this again...and I did remove everything off the board, purchased a new piece of fabric, and covered the board. I then bought colorful push pins and the bulletin board will simply be a plain fabric covered board covered with pictures of our little one :)

FINAL PROJECT:

No comments:

Post a Comment