A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hello Party People!!!

Where have you all been? Sorry I have been a little busy lately...just basic life things. Scott and I had some fun happenings in this past week. Also, work has been super busy- 'tis the season...IEP season...out with the 5th graders and in with the kindergartners!

First we held our second "annual" (we will use that term lightly since this event has not taken place each year, but every couple of years) Root von Root Wine Tasting! It was a HUGE success!! First off let me say a HUGE thanks Scott for making all your yummy wine/beer for our friends to drink! I think everything was HIT! I personally could not compare tasting notes, because obviously I am not drinking alcohol right now :/ But from what I heard everyone LOVED everything they were trying! Also, a BIG thank you to our friend Liz who provided us with some AMAZING finger foods!! Each one was better than the previous, and there were like 25 things, so you can only imagine how yummy the snacks were! I also want to thank EVERYONE who was able to come out and join the party! It is always so great to see my friends and family, and all under my roof made it more exciting. I have this feeling that we will not have another BIG event like that until after Baby L has arrived, so that is exciting too!!!

I had my 7 month check up at the OB on Monday. The doctor said everything looked great, basically regarding my recent blood work- over spring break I had to take a one hour glucose test. This required me to drink a CRAZY sugary drink, wait one hour in the OB office, and then have about 4 vials of blood drawn. Well the results came back and EVERYTHING looked good!! YAY!!! One more thing to check off the list! The baby's heart beat was 130 BPM and kicking like crazy. I have gained some weight :/ the OB is NOT concerned, however I don't think I can grasp the gaining weight thing...I have tried SO hard all of my life to NOT gain weight, that gaining now is a little frightening! I continue to swim 3 times a week (when there is not bad weather/tornado's!!), and eat "fairly" well....I'll use that term lightly, since all I want is fruit and fruit flavored things lately :)

Speaking of Baby L- Scott and I started our Birthing classes last night. I am not going to lie I was expecting Scott and I to be the oldest in the class...however out of 10 couples we were right in there age wise. (There was one couple who looked pretty young...but others who looked right around our age) We were the only couple who are not finding out if we are having a boy/girl...so that is pretty exciting! During our first class we learned that if there is a tornado warning we have to go to the basement! We spent about 45 minutes in the basement of the nursing institute while the BIG storm passed. We also learned that I am CRAZY ticklish and can not stand having my neck/shoulders massaged without laughing. However I do like my lower back to be massaged :) I think we were SUPPOSED to learn that there are 2 basic breathing techniques, and your husband needs to be attentive during labor- rather than watching TV/eating :) Next week is the tour of the labor and delivery floor!

Well I am off to watch Extreme Couponing!! This TV show actually makes me anxious, but I can't help but watch it!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend ahead! I am looking forward to my 4 day weekend, and hoping it won't rain EVERY day!

No comments:

Post a Comment