A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our Baby's name choices

This makes me excited that Scott and I could mostly agree on a girl name and a boy name for our baby. I was recently doing some research on name meanings and origins. (mostly to make myself feel better because NONE of the grandparents like our boy name choice)

Lets start with our GIRL choice: Allison Claire- I wanted Allyson, but hey it's all the same ;)
Allison is English and means noble or bright...can't go wrong there!
Claire is French and it means famous one or bright...LOVE it!

Now for our BOY choice: Owen Thomas- Love this boys name, I think it flows well together.
Owen is Irish and means born to nobility or young warrior- I feel like it fits all the happenings at the beginning of my pregnancy.
Thomas has many origins, Greek, English, Irish, and Hebrew- it means twin, and was the name of one of the twelve Apostles

Now that we have talked about the meanings and origins of the names we chose I hope I have won you all over on the name front..if not I'm sure the baby will when he/she makes her/his big appearance :)

1 comment:

  1. don't worry one bit about anyone else liking or not liking your choices. We got a lot of slack about Xander but once they hold the baby and say "hello there Allison/Owen" it'll seem natural. By the way I really like Owen too!!!

    ReplyDelete