This week I received an order from oldnavy.com and it was 4 maternity clothing items, a t-shirt, a nice top, a dress, and a zip up jacket...needless to say the only thing I am keeping will be the t-shirt. It was a little disappointing to try all the clothes on and they were HUGO! The dress was SO cute, and it came down to my mid-calf (supposed to be above the knees), and the jacket was as long as a t-shirt dress. Oh well...I suppose that is the last time I order something online regarding maternity wear.
I also went shopping for a nice fitting bra. I went to Nordstroms, because they have AMAZING customer service, and usually have a WIDE range of sizes available to try on in the store. Well I have not been fitted since my body began growing with this little baby inside, and WOW was I shocked at my new "size". I mean I knew they had grown, but I didn't know they were "H"uge!!!! REALLY!?! I could not believe it. So I purchased a boulder holder that I thought would be comfortable, and it was on the pricey side...but I do not put a price on comfort for my "H"uge tata's. Well I wore the bra one day and towards the end of the day it became really uncomfortable around my arm pit areas. There was nothing poking me, it was more like the side of the cup was pushing into my arm pits...very odd. I was not even able to wear the bra the next day...so it will be going back. Let the search for a new bra begin now! (personally I wish could make bra's for women with larger busts..I would start at D and go to M...they would be comfortable, and other colors besides black, white, and nude. Oh, and they wouldn't make you look like Madonna either!)

So...This week I learned online Old Navy shopping: FAIL and Bra shopping: FAIL! Maybe next week will bring better success with comfort and support. (AND A 4 DAY WORK WEEK!!!)
So...now that I have talked about how "H"ugo I have gotten in 5 months let me share a picture! I know the bigness is only beginning :)
This is the day Baby L was measured at 20 weeks, I am 19 weeks and 5 days in the picture.
Have you tried Lane Bryant for bras? I don't know if they have maternity friendly bras, but because they cater to "real women" their bras are large... Just a thought. And they have them in colors other than white, black, and nude, lol. I have a few and they're actually pretty comfy, not to mention they almost always have amazing coupons and their bra sales are usually BOGO 50% off.
ReplyDeleteJess I have heard that, and after another FAILED attempt at Anne's Bra Shop today I just might order some from there...only thing is they only carry up to a DDD in the store, and I wanted to try my size on before ordering it and paying all the $$$ :( But...I may not have another option...
ReplyDelete