The ultrasound tech looked at almost every thing! The baby has good brain structure and cerebellum, 2 kidney's and in and out ducts, a stomach, a diaphragm, a nice looking spine, the umbilical cord has it's two ducts, the baby has 2 legs, 2 arms, a good looking palate and nasal structure, 2 lens' (one in each eye). Daddy Root also saw the baby open it's mouth and swallow one time.
Even though the ultrasound tech was able to see all these anatomical structures she had a difficult time getting a clear view of the baby's heart. This was because Baby L was all curled up and facing my spine. We were able to see a lot of the baby's spine and back of the skull. I even tried to get baby L to roll around by taking a bathroom break, and eating a piece of candy. Unfortunately our baby was content and did not want to be bothered at that moment. I turned on my side so we could try to get a better view, however all we saw then was Baby L with his/her hand on her head...I think he/she was done for the day :)
As far as my anatomical structure, I have a posterior placenta (my placenta attached to the back wall of my uterus), which is good because I do not have placenta previa. My cervix is long, which is good because Baby L has a lot of growing to do! The ultrasound tech was unable to find my septum in my uterus. She was unsure of how sever it was before, and said usually in the case of a septated uterus the side the baby is not occupying gets pushed over to the side, and it is unable to be seen in an ultrasound. So I am taking that as good news. She did measure the fluid around the baby and the doctor will take a good look at all those pictures and get back to me if she needs more information.
Here are some pictures of Baby L today!!! Baby L measured at 20 weeks and 12 ounces. WOO HOOO!!!! GROW BABY GROW!!!
Profile of Baby L- arm up in the air
Baby L- facing the camera, circle head and circle tummy!
AWWW I am soooo excited for you two. You are half way there. I can not wait to meet him or her.
ReplyDelete