A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Skinnied Up Ham Sliders

A few months ago a co-worker recommended these ham and cheese sliders, ok- well I really don’t know if these are the EXACT ones, because she said the recipe was from Pinterest and we all know how big Pinterest is…so I did my best to find something I thought she was talking about.


(http://www.pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2013/8/12/hawaiian-ham-and-cheese-sandwiches-tailgate-sandwiches.html)


I decided to make them one night when we had a friend come over and they were SUPER easy!  And mighty tasty! But REALLY!?  20 pieces of cheese, 8 oz. of cream cheese, AND a stick of butter.  Come on, I’m all about things tasting yummy, but not at that cost!


So, I skinnied them up a bit and I’ll have you know they are still really yummy.  Here is how I make them:


Ingredients:

20 Hawaiian rolls

1 pound of Ham (any kind is fine)

10 thin slices of Provolone cheese

Topping:

1/8th cup of light margarine spread- melted

1 TBSP yellow mustard

1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce

1/4th cup Parmesan cheese

2 TBSP dried onion flakes


INSTRUCTIONS:


1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Lightly spray 9x13 glass dish
3) Cut Hawaiian rolls in half and place the bottoms in the pan
4) Add 1 piece of ham to each bottom (It makes it A LOT easier to pull the sandwiches apart when they are put together nicely)
5) Add ½ piece of thin sliced provolone cheese (folded in half) to each sandwich
6) Place the tops on sandwiches
7) Mix together, butter, parmesan, Worcestershire, dried onion flakes, yellow mustard
8) Spread mixture on top of rolls
9) Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees

ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment