A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Friday, April 25, 2014

April Foodie Pen Pal

I did another Foodie Pen Pal this month with Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean (www.theleangreenbean.com). You sign up at the beginning of the month, and Lindsay pairs you with someone else who signed up. You are responsible for emailing them, exchanging info, and shipping them a box with $15 worth of goodies. 

This month I was paired with Chrystina from L.A. She lives near Warner Brother studios, and send me an AWESOME box stuffed full of yummy snacks! She even included a nice reusable shopping bag, a keychain birth a "V" on it, and a few cookie recipies (she used to work for Mrs. Fields!) Now, let's get started with the list of goodies! 

See's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: a whole pound! The chips themselves are large, size of a nickle, and so far I just like to snack on them plain :-) I would like to try the recipe for See's origional chocolate chip cookies listed on the back of the package. 

Domino Bar: it is a candy bar with all different layers, Bourbon, Espresso, caramel, peanut butter, with. Short bread cookie at the bottom covered in chocolate.  I had a bite or two, but it was a flavor explosion! So much that I couldn't figure it out and gave it to my husband :-) of course he didn't like the peanut butter (how can you NOT like peanut butter!)

Lenny & Larry's Complete Breakfast Bar- cranberry almond: omg this was good! So moist, and kind of like a cookie.  I had it for a mid day snack and it filled me up until dinner time! I will say with almost 300 calories it better keep me full until dinner time :-) I don't know if I will be able to find any more of those in my area, but it will keep my eye out for them! 

Seapoint Farms Edamame: I have not had edamame, I usually stay away from it because of the soy/estrogen/cancer thing, but I gave these a try. Ehh...not my favorite. I had Spicy Wasabi and lightly salted- is it weird that I had a difficult time breathing while eating these? Like I had an allergy to them or something...

Kopali- organic dark chocolate covered espresso beans: I mean really, fair trade chocolate and healthy soil with my coffee beans! Sign me up! I can only handle a few at a time (5), but YUM! Great find!

Potter's Crackers- carrot ginger crisps: these were interesting. I didn't know whether they would be sweet, spicy, or salty when I tried them and that's exactly what they are. Haha! They were even a little chewy in certain spots. Very interesting cracker and a great change from an everyday Ritz ;-) The main ingredients were carrots and candied ginger. Very cool indeed. 

Bunches & Bunches- hand crafted Green Fire Roasted Chile Sauce: I have not tried this yet, but it looks yummy! I will be adding it to my Mexican dinner this week!

KIND- Protein Bar and a Fruit & Nut bar: I seriously can not say enough good things about these. KIND in General is an awesome brand of food that I found when I went gluten free. The Protein Bar really helped to fill me up, didn't contain any whey or soy proteins, and had a layer of chocolate on the bottom. The Peanut Butter & Strawberry bar was AMAZING! It tasted like a PB&J sandwich, and it is gluten free! I will be adding these to my weekly shopping list. 

What a great Foodie Pen Pal I had! I'll be sure to sign up to do another!

No comments:

Post a Comment