It's easy! You sign-up, and Lindsay matches you with another person who also signed up. You are in charge of emailing each other, and finding out a little about the other person (including their address). Then you have about 10 days to put together a box of goodies ($15 worth) to send to them (making sure you know about any food allergies/specifications).
This past month I was paired with Rachel ( http://runningrachelanne.blogspot.com/ ). My only directions were wheat/egg free for her. I sent her a Lara Bar, Think Thin bar (brownie), KIND quinoa and maple granola, Greek yogurt covered almonds (chocolate), and Bhuja crunchy seasoned peas. Those are a few of my favorite things!
She sent me all of this:
Peanut Butter M&M's - YUM! These are my favorite!
Seneca Apple chips- these were good, a little on the sweet side, but I do LOVE sugar :-)
RW Garcia tortilla chips- these were so good! I used them to make chicken nachos for dinner one night
Wholly Granolly peanut butter pretzel clusters- I've NEVER seen these, and they were so YUMMY! I'll be on the look out for them next time I'm at the store!
Mariani tropical pineapple- YUM! Basically Allie ate the whole bag. A great sweet treat for after dinner.
Maxwell House latte mixes- these make an average cup of Joe taste like something you would buy at Starbucks! I only used about 1/3 of the package per cup of coffee, because it was sweet.
Quaker Oatmeal- Real Medleys- Summer Berry- OMG! I HATE oatmeal, like can't stand it. But I want to like it so bad! Well this is it folks. If you dislike oatmeal try this one! It is AMAZING! There are berries inside that you mix with the oatmeal (similar to yogurt) but I'm pretty sure they are freezer dried (until you add boiling water). I did add about a teaspoon of sugar or so, but I can't stop buying these now! I just wish I could buy a bigger container :)
Here are some things I've learned- DON'T use a flat rate shipping box, it is about 2x more expensive than using a regular box. And, make sure you pay attention to the calendar. You are supposed to ship the box by the 15th, however when I realized that it was the 15 it happened to be a Friday... Needless to say my I didn't send my box until the 17th. (Sorry Rachel!)
I can't wait to sign up for April and see what kind of goodies I get next! What a fun way to enjoy some treats you would not otherwise know about!

No comments:
Post a Comment