A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Recap

What a great weekend! We had such nice weather on Saturday. I took Allie to the gym Saturday morning- she LOVES the new gym- while Scott stayed home and primed a few more walls for paint. After the gym we did a quick run to the grocery store, Allie was SO good in the grocery store. Before we went we talked about the list of things we needed to get, and it was so cute listening to her remember them the WHOLE way through. Its good tracking and locating skills for her to find things in the store as well. Once we got home we played outside for an hour or so before lunch and nap time. I’ve been in the habit of sitting with Allie and rocking her before naps/bed time, telling her stories and cuddling. Well, this nap time came around and she was so sleepy- she actually fell asleep in my lap!! I cannot tell you the last time that has happened, it was too sweet. While she napped Scott and I took advantage of the nice weather and ripped out about 8 rose bushes, cleaned out the garage, and did a few more house keeping things. It was SO nice to be outside and not freezing.


Saturday night we had a babysitter coming over, even though our plans had been cancelled with our friends we decided to keep the sitter and get a night out for ourselves. We went to see The Lego Movie- which was pretty cute. I’m really not a movie person, but the Lego move kept my attention, and I didn’t fall asleep. I call that a win. I’m not sure the movie needed to be seen on the big screen, but I suppose we could see more Legos that way… We also walked through the bookstore- cause that’s what you do on a hot date; sans toddler.

Sunday was my dad's birthday!!!!  The weather was a little cooler, and move overcast. We decided last minute to go check out the World Bird Sanctuary- we seriously live like 10 minutes away now. It was pretty neat. The weather was a little too cold for some of the birds to be out, but we ran around for a while, saw some cool owls, and some big snakes. Allie’s favorite part was the bird hospital- although she was mad we couldn’t go inside, she keeps talking about the birds that we saw through the window.

During nap time I took a little break to watch Parenthood- I am totally addicted and binge watching the series right now. I also went to the clubhouse for a quick workout. There was a bridal shower there, so it was BUSY upstairs, but usually there MIGHT be 1-2 people working out in the fitness rooms. However just my luck- there were 4, which meant there was only 1 free cardio machine- a recumbent bike- ugh! I powered through 20 minutes until a guy got off the elliptical, but it wasn’t “fun”, and I didn’t want to lift (weird right!?)…so I went home and bought an elliptical for my house.

The remainder of Sunday was spent meal prepping- I made BBQ pulled pork, and Allie helped me make lasagna. Scott made spiced Quinoa and a loaf of French bread. We played in the basement for a little while, and when Allie was getting ready for bed I went to my friend’s house and picked up my new elliptical! I can’t say I have used it yet…but I am looking forward to it! It is missing 2 bolts (they are probably not necessary for use), but we are going to replace them and level it soon, so I can get my work out on {while binge watching Parenthood}. I tried it out at her house, and I am pleased with the stride length. That was one thing I wanted in an elliptical- a long stride length, and this machine has it. I will have to report back after I get a good burn on it, but I am assuming it will be awesome. And since I bought it from a friend she gave me an AWESOME price- I couldn’t pass it up!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I’m pumped for the week ahead, and of course MARDI GRAS NEXT SATURDAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You know I generally don't like recumbent bikes either, but they can really work your butt! I had some serious glute pain after a recumbent workout once. I should really do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete