A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday

{ONE}

Some days I totally give up when it comes to what Allie has for breakfast...but that's okay, because she works out.

{TWO}

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here for a second. The winner of the Biggest Loser was chosen this week, she lost the largest percentage of body weight, going from 260 lbs. to 105 lbs. Now let me say WOW! 105 pounds! She played that game well and won a HUGE amount of $$. I personally don't think she was "that big" when she began, so this game was really tricky for her because she had to get to such a low weight to win, but maybe she had an advantage because she didn't have as much "extra" to hold her back during all the challenges. Part of me is jealous she can work out for 3-5 hours a day, but lets get real I have a 2 1/2 year old and a part time career. I hope she uses her super low weight to go make some cash $$ in high end modeling, although I did hear she is only 5'4", so that might be an issue. 

{THREE} 

I had my follow up visit to the doctor about my GI issues, and she referred me to a GI specialist. They will continue to do more food allergy tests. Until I get that appointment she told me to begin Prilosec daily and see if that helps.


{FOUR}

This week I was "peeved" 2 separate times. 

First, a few days ago I was heading to the gym and some one said to me, in kind of a snotty way, "the only reason you are motivated to go to the gym is because you are seeing results. I go to the gym but nothing happens." Ummm...ok....not the truth...I go to the gym because I WANT results! She tried to redeem herself later by saying "but you look great!"  

Second, I went to my follow up dr appt. and the nurse tech told me first that my weight "can't be right...I'm taking a few pounds off that", and then proceeded to tell me my resting heart rate is too low- it's 50 BPM. I did a little research and it just means I have great muscle tone and  strong healthy heart. :-P

{FIVE} 

I'm doing a 30 day Shakeology challenge with one of my favorite bloggers Jess from Operation Skinny Jeans (www.operationskinnyjeans.com)

30 days to enjoy my awesome vegan chocolate Shakeology and do T25! The winner gets a Ruffles With Love tank, and a pair of SOL Republic earbuds. I'm rocking this challenge, and I actually had to give Jess my measurements and "before" pics! I've never shared those stats with anyone! Wish me luck, and feel to ask questions about the Shakeology and workout programs.  Jess just did P90x3 for a month and her results are freaking AMAZING! Only a 4# difference!! 



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that's a 4 lb difference! OMG. Wow. I do Chalean Extreme in between half marathon training. I've been wanting to try a different program. Let me know how you like T25. What is the Shakeology part? how often do you drink it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I really like T25- it's short enough for days I get up early, but not early enough for an hour long workout. But also I can add something afterwards if I do happen to have extra time and want a bigger calorie burn. Shakeology is a daily health shake. It has protein, probiotics, and soooo many nutrient rich ingredients! I have Vegan Chocolate and when I put it I almond milk it tastes like a milk shake!

      Delete