A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Friday, December 27, 2013

Five on Friday


Five of the most random things you will read today....

{ONE}
I forgot to add a goal to my New Year Resolution- I am going to take 2 more graduate classes so I can bump up a level on the pay scale at work (hey- working part time only pays so much).

{TWO}
My list of "wants" is endless these days... You wanna hear?...well really you have no choice, here I go- a new bed (ours is basically broken- oops), new couch for our family room (currently we are using these 4 "leather" chairs we had upstairs at our old house), TV mounted on the wall, my house painted (we're getting there...), some kind of curio cabinet for the dining room, new kitchen table, some kind of furniture for our "message center" in the kitchen, some kind of furniture for our nook in the entry way (not sure what to put there at all), another baby, a new wardrobe, and a money tree...ok, I'll stop there ;-)

{THREE}
Allie is hilarious these days!!! The connections she makes and the things she says. Every day is a new adventure.  This past week being home with her is totally SPOILING me!!  She has also asked lately that I cuddle with her and rock her before bed.  Which I gladly do, because she will only be this small for a little while.  Ok- not going to lie, she has THE WORST meltdowns...I mean flailing, kicking, screaming, falling down, can't catch her breath melt downs, and I tend to think they are pretty funny...but it makes her even more upset when I laugh :-/

{FOUR}
I went to The Nest today in Frontenac with some of my mommy friends, and it was so super cute!  I ordered a mocha latte for me, and french toast, a fruit skewer, and fresh pear/apple juice for Allie.  Allie loved her fruit skewer and juice- she didn't really care much for the french toast, but I thought it was awesome.  My mocha latte was YUMMY- tasted more like hot chocolate, and it wasn't very hot, but it was good.  The 3 story tree house sounds a little misleading.  It was 3 little houses, about 8 ft tall, that lead up to a SUPER fast slide.  Allie enjoyed it there, although the play areas were a little smaller than I expected, the decor was super cute, and they had a lady supervising the play areas.

{FIVE}
We celebrated Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve- I got some cute new clothes, a crock pot, a gel polish kit, and so much more.  Allie got 2 outfits, a tea-pot set, and ton of Bubble Guppies and Lalaloopsy toys (which is fitting because she has recently started asking for Umi Zoomi instead).  She LOVES her new vacuum and sweeper set- if only the vacuum really worked.  On Christmas Scott helped me take down more vertical blinds (the ones in the family room- the BIGGEST ones), and put up 3 wooden blinds instead.  They look AWESOME!!!! Santa brought us a new TV, and a new coffee pot :-)




Our house is slowly becoming a home, and I can't wait to take down all the Christmas decorations.  Well friends...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment