Throughout the day I always do something that reminds me that I need to write a blog, or I come across something that would be a good topic for a blog...but those ideas are always short lived and with a few passing minutes I forget what my thought was. AND THEN....when I go to write the blog I have no idea what to say.
So I will just write about a few money savers:
Lately Scott and I have been giving more thought to the money that we spend on a monthly basis. We sat down and discussed where to cut corners, and cut back, so that we can save enough money to be comfy when it comes to selling our home and buying a new one. Here are a few things we do to save $$:
1) no more cable/dish/extra TV
2) make our own laundry detergent- seriously this saves SO MUCH $$ and it could not be easier- we use this recipe- http://www.livingonadime.com/homemade-laundry-detergent-2/
3) make our own dishwasher detergent- again this is super easy and costs MUCH less than buying pre made detergent at the store. We use this recipe- http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/homemade-dishwasher-detergent-revised.html
4) pre plan meals for the week and only buy things on the grocery list (or if there is a super good deal)
5) cutting back on going out to eat- really we don't need the calories of going out to eat, and I already pre planned the meals, so this is not needed much any more.
6) participate in local FREE activities- we have always been a couple that likes to explore what our city has to offer, now we just get to experience things as parents with a toddler attached
And here are 2 things we could give up if we had too, but I would be very sad about:
1) our smart phones
2) our gym membership
Well...u til next time...hopefully I will have a better idea of what to blog about...but to make up for this one here is a cute picture of my baby girl saying "cheese"....

OMG. I'm going to try that dishwasher recipe and I PRAY it works. I've tried a few in the past few months and have the same issue every time! They come out cloudy! I hope it works because Cascade is super expensive. And, I'm with you. We dropped cable (no regrets!) and I bought a GIANT tub of Nellie's when we started CDs. This was before I knew about homemeade. When that's gone, I'll be making that myself too!
ReplyDelete