How does that happen? One minute you are waking up all night long nursing a helpless little baby, the next you are running around making sure your toddler isn't getting into something bad. I can't believe how much has changed so quickly.
Allie is so super cute right now, and MAN does she have a little personality on her. She is stringing together 2-3 word phrases..."I get it", "no no Rose Rose"', and one of my personal favorites "Thank you mama"- that one melts my heart a little each time she says it. She knows SO many words- I'm thinking over 100 now, from book, to bee, to pumpkin, and turkey (because of the recent holidays). She knows lots of animal sounds, and we are working on counting to 3 (she has 1-2, but not 3 without a prompt) as well as colors. She continues to explore more and more each day, climbing EVERYWHERE, and running around like she owns the place. She has been more assertive lately, becoming more independent and making a few choices. Which in turns means she is more sassy- hitting, throwing, and generally being bad ;-) time outs, and owies are funny, so we continue to redirect her and show her appropriate behaviors- I hope she catches on soon!
This past week we celebrated Thanksgiving- we went to my parents on Thursday, and my in-laws on Friday. It was good to see our family and Allie had a great time entertaining everyone. We also got together with our friends from Troy- one of them just moved back into town from Kansas City, and it is always good to catch up and see our friends- adult interaction is short lived these days. As much as I appreciate the time off work for Thanksgiving I am looking forward to Christmas break. I love spending time with my little girl, she is growing each day.
A few other happenings- I went with a group of girl friends to see the Blue Man Group at the Fox- we paid $65/ticket, however one of the girls used to work at the Fox and was able to get us a refund and FREE TICKETS!!! We sat in the 10th row and it was an awesome show! Also, we had full family pictures taken at Faust Park in Chesterfield. I have attached a couple pictures for your enjoyment ;-)
As far as me and Scott- combined we have lost a total of 40 pounds! We started back in August, and it is more of a life style change than a diet. It is nice to feel better, and get compliments, but the health benefits are priceless. We are eating more dinners at home, and with me pre-planning them I know exactly how many calories I am taking in each day and can plan accordingly. Lately I've been using the My Fitness Pal app, and I have some girls on there keeping me accountable, which has been great. My ultimate goal is 10 more pounds which will put me at my high-school/college weight (currently I am at my wedding weight- but my body is a different shape since having a baby). Hopefully I can make it through the holiday season without going crazy.
Well...sorry for the long update...this is my first post from my iPad ;-)
Until next time!




No comments:
Post a Comment