So I have been trying my hand at using coupons and saving us a buck or two here and there (mostly because it is like a little treasure hunt... And because I've had some expensive dental treatments lately).
I have found a couple of good tips:
Only shop sale items
You can not be brand loyal (which I am of course, but that's why I save on other things)
Even though you have a coupon you do not have to buy the item :/
You can use a manufacture coupon with a store coupon on top of a sale to get the lowest price ever
Things go on sale by season
Here are my 2 best attempts at couponing, both Walgreens scenarios:
4 boxes sweet and salty granola bars
4 Cover Girl eye shadows
2 bags Baby Ruth
2 Reeses Eggs
2 up 2 u packs of gum
Total: $0.22...and I didn't have a quarter so I had to use my credit card!!
And...
8 boxes Puffs tissues
3 bottles Cascade (60 oz each)
6 Skinny Cow treats
3 single serve bags of M&Ms
2 bottles Welches sparkling juice
1 box Ritz crackers
1 box wheat thins
1 package peanut butter crackers-8 individual packages
5 boxes jello
1 cream cheese
2 microwave dinners
Total: $29.86
(not as extreme as the previous trip... But I saved $50!!)
However... The second transaction listed I did use $5 in previous register rewards. From this transaction:
*6 suave body wash ($3RR) and I had coupons to make them $0.80/each
*3 air freshners- ($2RR) and I had coupons to make them $0.55/each
So this may not be as extreme as the TV show... But I think I am doing pretty good!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment