A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Monday, December 22, 2014

Welcome Landon!!!

Here is my "quick" story of my labor and delivery with my beautiful baby boy Landon. 

My 39th week of pregnancy was busy and the anticipation of waiting for my little guy was tough. I was willing to try to go until 41 weeks trying my best not to be induced. At my 39 week appt I was 1.5cm and 80%, and baby was down and ready! Woot!! Cue all the contractions!! I had a few more days of work before winter break and I really wanted to make it through so I could have everything ready for my sub. 

Tuesday night I had some good "timeable" contractions, but they stopped after about an hour. Wednesday- Saturday a bunch of the same, but getting stronger. I was feeling ready and even made Scott put the car seat in :-) 

Sunday morning I woke up at about 5am with some painful contractions about 6-7 min apart, could not go back to sleep. They were tough so I called my mom and she came over around 6:30am. We all hung out at home and I continued to have contractions about 5 min apart until 9am when I decided I needed to be somewhere else when having my contractions- they were getting more intense. We arrived and were admitted to the hospital about 9:30, and I was checked to be a 3 and 80%. Fortunately my OB was on call and he said go ahead and stay, break my water, start the epidural and get this party started! All that happened about noon. Then my contractions slowed so they gave me a bit of pitocin. My nurse let me lounge around until 2- she came and checked me to be a 9 and 100%. 

My OB just happened to be walking by my room to go do a c-section and said... I don't know if "she will make it". "Let's try a practice push to see where you are". So I "practiced" once and everyone rushed to gown up! He proceeded to tell me my baby boy was going to be born with my next push... Ummm WHAT?! He was kidding- it took 2 more pushes and my little man was on the scene! Crazy fast, he cried right away and was placed up on my chest so I could see him. Landon nursed for 45 minutes and was totally alert for the next hour or so. 

He weighed 8 pounds 7 oz and is 20.25 inches long. He looks so much like his big sis- and he has a big dimple in his chin!! It's too cute!! He also has a little bit of blonde hair!! (Maybe he will have the green eyes like me too :-) 

As for me I am doing well- just have some dull pain left over from the needles/IV's/stitches. Hopefully that will all go away in the next few days. Looks like we will be able to go home tomorrow and be home in time for Christmas!! Woo hoo!! Perfect timing, perfect labor, perfect little guy :-) 

Happy birthday big guy!! We are all so glad you are here!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Have a merry Christmas! I can't wait to see pics with his big sister :)

    ReplyDelete