A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Friday, November 15, 2013

FIVE on Friday!

Linking up again!!!!  (I just realized there are like 400 bloggers who link up each week for this!!)
{ONE}
I seriously do not know what I would do without my husband.  He pays the bills, is the landlord for our first house, deals with ALL the service people, and still has time to love on Allie and I each night. Here is a funny story- last night the water company messed up our payment (they are confused that someone can own 2 houses or something), so they turned our water off to the house we are living in!  I was working my other job (late) and he was home with the kiddo.  Instead of heading up to the store to grab a gallon of water- or even going through a drive thru to grab a couple bottles of water- he just melted ice for them to drink.  Good thing the water company turned us back on before 7pm.  RESOURCEFUL I SAY!!!  Just like a caveman :-P  SMH.

{TWO}
Remember how I've been saying we will just paint our house ourselves instead of hiring someone...yea, it's not that easy. I don't know how to "cut in" on the wall where it meets the ceiling.  And it takes SO LONG!!!  Also- we have a 2 1/2 year old, so time is at a premium.  We basically have to put her to bed, set up, paint, and clean up before we go to bed.  Then get up and do it all again the next night, and the next night, and the next night....you get the point.

{THREE}
We have 2 playdates this weekend...so I expect everyone's kiddos to make me feel better about Allie.  My family just keeps telling me how crazy/busy/sassy she is...not making me feel too great.  I tend to think she is on the sassy side, but not too CRAZY.  She is 2 1/2 ya know...

{FOUR}
I keep telling myself we will continue to work on the house forever to get it to look/feel how we want it.  But the other 1/2 of me REALLY wants things to be done NOW!  Paint, window treatments, new bed, new TV, new family room furniture, you get the point....

{FIVE}
I had a panic attack (self diagnosed) 2 days before we closed on our new house.  I was going to write a WHOLE post about it...but that seems extensive.  Lets just say we had ALL our ducks in a row to close on our new house, and when we did the final walk through there was water ALL OVER the master bath.  Good thing the floors had carpet- so it could SEEP into the floor.  (We are assuming the jacuzzi tub had not been used in YEARS, and when one of the inspectors turned it on something broke (gasket) and leaked water for a couple weeks) I had this idea that EVERYTHING was ruined! Who knew how much water damage there was- and it had been there long enough that mold was growing on the vanity.  I FREAKED OUT....then Scott told me we were going to buy the house and deal with whatever damage there was.  Good thing he is so reasonable (see melted ice above)- as soon as we closed we came "home" ripped up the carpet, and had the tub removed.  NO SERIOUS damage!  It was probably the best scenario ever!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment