A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

My journey this past year...

I'm not sure if I can write everything I want to say in 1 blog post, but this last year has been life changing for me. On the surface I may seem like I have most things together, but inside I used to feel like chaos. Like there was some control missing in my life, and having a baby only magnified it. I had to re-learn my new "norm" adding mom to my list of duties. My house was out of control, because 1/2 of our stuff was packed up and moved to storage to try and sell, we had no schedule, and lack of sleep. At any time my house had to be staged and we had to leave for a showing, which disrupted naps and most dinner times. Needless to say nothing could be planned, I was tired, angry, and not in a good place emotionally. My number 1 issue with myself was my weight. Yea, I had a baby just a year prior, and I had lost all the baby weight, but everything looked and felt different.

On August 1, 2012 I downloaded the LoseIt! App and by tracking my food intake and limiting the amount of calories I ate each day I began loosing weight. I never knew where this journey would take me, but I slowly lost the weight by limiting calories (1500-1700/day, and having a cheat day each week) and working out. I lost an average of 1# per week, and hit a couple plateaus, some mental some more physical. I kept hitting my "goal weight", and my final goal was my lowest high school weight. Today I am happy to say I am 5 pounds lighter than I was in high school! (I'm middle school weight) talk about nuts! I am 37.2 pounds lighter then when I got pregnant back in 2010, and 15 pounds lighter then when I got married in 2008.

I'm not sure where I'm going from here...of course I feel like there is always room to improve. I already plan my meals a little better, continue to track daily calorie intake with MyFitnessPal, and workout daily. I wish I could curb my sugar addiction, and eat more "clean"... But those things will come over time. I recently started to use the HIIT workouts like 30 day shred, and Insanity on my "off" days (days I can't make it to the gym). I lift heavy weights, and am able to run a 5K without blinking an eye. My core feels strong, and I feel comfortable in clothes- and I can shop at any store! 

I have had a lot of support and motivation this past year and it has helped tremendously! Thank you to everyone who has sent me positive notes and messages you all know who you are. Lets keep up
 this healthy lifestyle and see where we are in another year! Until then, I'm going to apologize in advance for all the "selfies" on IG 😁 enjoy some selfie pics of me from over the past few years 😉




No comments:

Post a Comment