A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I have a 2 year old!


Whelp! I can not believe it! Seriously, when Allie turned one it was no big deal...she was only 1. Now she is 2....oh man is she 2. And really it happened so quickly I am in denial. She can't keep growing up like this! I can only imagine what my parents are thinking as I am less than 6 months from turning 30.. Eek! I suppose I am an adult now....maybe....

Last night when I couldn't sleep I thought of all these things to blog about, how much selling our house for the past year sucked, how I hate having my stuff in storage everywhere, and how I hate all these things about where my house is, and I just want to move....but I could go on and on...and no one really cares. I keep hoping our lives will get a little easier when we have a place with all of our belongings that we can live in, decorate with OUR family photos, have friends over, and just relax. Without the threat of cleaning or staging for a house showing, or dropping all our plans and driving x amount of miles each night looking at houses we might be interested in living in. This sucks...it has been our life for the past 16 months, and it will continue to suck until it is over...and I'm sure by then something else will suck. So for now I am done with this rant. It is what it is. 

In other news Allie is super cute and funny as always. She is doing an awesome job at signing songs, learning how to ride her tricycle, and asking questions. Oh the questions...I can only imagine this will get worst over time too. She picks up the weirdest words and phrases and uses them accurately which just impresses us each day. Her favorite toys right now are baby dolls. She puts them to sleep, in strollers, reads them books, feeds them, and changes their diapers. Her need for being more independent is becoming stronger and she has a VERY strong personality. A few of the workers in the kid zone at the gym have told me that. I'm just assuming she will be in a leadership position of some sort in her future- she is not a follower. 

We celebrated on her birthday by meeting up with her cousins at the City Garden, it was so much fun and Allie loved running through the water fountains.  Then we went and looked at a house (imagine that) and had dinner at Applebee's. On Saturday we had a BBQ at our house (i never thought we would have another birthday here...man was I wrong), most of  our family came to celebrate. I decorated with chevron and polka dots with fun colors.  We had basic BBQ fair with cupcakes and my sister in laws awesome cookies.  Allie got some pretty awesome gifts, a basketball hoop, a table and chairs set, an easel, a cash register, clothes, a baby doll, a mommy and baby matching apron, and some cash $$.  I hope this second year slows down for us all...but especially for Allie. I want to take it all in and enjoy letting her be messy, creative, and have fun at her own house. Which hopefully we will find some day...until then, enjoy the pics :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment