A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Progress on Baby L :)

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ON THE GENDER OF BABY L!!! -------->

Well I have been gone for a while again. I don't know what got to me. Maybe it was the "nesting" that had to take place at my house to get ready for the baby, or maybe it was the sleeping I am trying to get in before the baby arrives. Either way I have been neglecting my blog (even though every day I have something I want to blab about).

I will begin with my physical progress on Baby L's arrival. Well my OFFICIAL due date continues to be 7-9-11, my estimated date of arrival based on baby's size at the last ultrasound (6 months) was 7-5-11. Needless to say either one of those dates is fast approaching!

I have been going to the OB every week for the past 3 weeks to get "checked" for progress. The first appointment I received the best and most awkward compliment I have ever heard....My OB is proud of my uterus. She stated that most women with an abnormal uterus do not make it this far in pregnancy and that mine is doing GREAT! WHOO HOOO!! The baby's heart beat was 128, and she suspected that we were head down. Although everything was still "high" I was not dilated and just maybe BARELY effaced. The second appointment baby's heart beat was 125, we again suspected head down, no dilation, slightly effaced, and the baby may have dropped a LITTLE from the previous week. The third appointment I had a nurse practitioner, baby's heart beat was 130, still no dilation, slightly effaced, and she stated I was still "high".

The fourth appointment will be this Friday, and we will also have an ultrasound to make sure in fact baby is head down, and estimate size. I have an induction scheduled for 7-11-11 if baby L does not want to come before then.

I have been doing EVERYTHING to try to get this baby to progress throughout the past few weeks. Walking everyday, cleaning lots, eating spicy foods, massage, pedicure, and a few others. I have successfully nested my house into a home, I have 1 more picture to hang in Baby's room, then I will post pics of the nursery.

My husband and I talk every night about how slowly this time is going, and wondering if we will look back and think wow that time flew by! We are unsure at this point. Looking back we have spent over a year trying to get pregnant and being pregnant. I feel like once we were ready to commit to trying to start a family we were ready to be parents, and did not expect the wait. Although it has given us time to be together one last time as 2...before we welcome #3 :)

I am excited to find out if Baby L is a boy or girl, and I believe that I will be SHOCKED if it is a girl. I am pretty much expecting a bouncing baby boy...but she may prove me wrong!

T-minus 13 days until we for sure welcome Baby L!

2 comments:

  1. you will think that time has flown by...my bouncing baby boy is 7 months old this week already! it's totally crazy how fast it all goes by. good luck veronica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going with Boy! You are carrying awfully low for a girl.

    ReplyDelete