I get this question a lot, so I thought I would write down how I am feeling. Physically I am feel pretty good! Which is kind of crazy. I do not have much back pain, minimal heart burn (I am up to 1-2 Tums a week), minimal swelling (I miss wearing my wedding ring though), and I have had an increase in being tired. If I sit for too long I get stiff, and I have been "rolling" around to get out of bed and off of the couch...oh what a sight to see :)
I have been walking 5-6 days a week, and the past few days I have been getting some bad burning in my tibialis anterior while walking, and I am not sure if it is because of the increased weight or maybe a change in position as my joints become a little more relaxed. I have also been getting my tan on at the pool, and let me tell you swimming has saved me this pregnancy. To be "weightless" and the hydrostatic pressure of the water has dramatically helped to keep swelling at a minimum and my joints flexible and not stiff. Even though it is official that I am not able to put my feet behind my head at this point, I can still touch the top of my head with my foot! I think that's pretty good for being due in 12 days.
I have also been "nesting" like crazy. I am fully aware when I am cleaning something if it is "regular" or if I am really being a nut. For instance, I took all the food out of the cabinets and rearranged it all. I caught myself cleaning wall tiles in the kitchen....and now I want to clean the grout and make it pretty. I actually found myself dusting the ONE fake plant we have in our house (outside of course, cause those things get CRAZY dusty) and I sneezed for like an hour afterward.
I am trying to get in my last few dates with my husband, and my girlfriends. I have at least one big outing planned each day, until the BIG ARRIVAL!!! I hope I keep feeling this good!!
I am so glad you are feeling great and looking great as well. I just hope that I feel and look that good when I have 12 days left. Not much longer and Baby L will make her debut into the world.
ReplyDeleteIt's so much fun!! I'm glad you are doing so well. You're gonna be great!
ReplyDelete