A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm baaaack....

Whew...I figured out how to get back on my blog...and while this heat wave goes through town and I wait for my new dishwasher to be installed I will blog. (And because I know you all missed me so :)

Here is a small re-cap of what I have been up to the last month.

1) Mother daughter Banquet- my mother in law hosts a banquet every year at her church and this year the theme was- Sock Hop (I think) Poodle skirts, hamburgers, ice cream, and soda- can't go wrong with any of that!
2) My first and ONLY mothers-to-be day EVER!!! (because if I am ever pregnant during another mother's day I will already be a mother to one baby, not a mother-to-be...get it?) Scott took me to the pool (I REALLY wanted to go swimming), then we went to lunch at The Fountain on Locust- I HIGHLY recommend this place. Their ice cream is AMAZING, and lunch was yummy too. It was a great day!
3) BABY SHOWERS!!!! I had a baby shower at each of my school's that I work at. My co-workers have GOT TO BE some of the best ever. I got so many great things for Baby L, and we had super yummy cake at both of them. THANKS STANTON and KELLISON FRIENDS!!!

4) MORE BABY SHOWERS!!!! I had my family/friends shower at my mom's house, hosted by her and my sister-in-law. Everything was super cute and they went with an owl theme (that is the decor in the nursery). I had such a good time it was nice to see my family and friends, and Baby L got some super fun things! Can't wait to try them all out! THANK YOU!!!!5) I closed up shop at work for the school year. Not only did I have to close all my students files for the summer, I had to write up transfer info sheets for each student for my subs for next year, and prepare all my data sheets/attendance records/daily notes for each student also. Therefore I basically did all the work I would have done at the end of the year, plus the work I would have done at the beginning of next year...and transfer sheets just for fun :) SO glad I got it all done and can check that off the list.

6) SLUGFEST 2011!!! This is a yearly camping trip at Cuivre River State Park in Troy, MO. This year was the 20th annual trip and special T-shirts were made and they sported an image of a drawn picture of Root by Eyeball. I must say they are pretty awesome! We ate TONS of food, and Witch Kristen told me I was going to have 1 baby girl...following her oh so sure pencil test ;) Only time will tell!

7) Preparing the nursery for baby L! I have some sheets washed, some clothes washed, and toys/books all organized. Things are beginning to fall into place!

8) Now is time to relax and hopefully get some good time by the pool while it is SUPER HOT! Can't wait until this dishwasher installer is done here because I am headed straight for the pool, WITH extra sun screen...because this momma does NOT want to get sunburned...just lightly toasted :)

Until we meet again! Which shouldn't be too long now that I know how to get back on my blog. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment