A long time ago...no just kidding, more like 7 months ago my husband and I decided we were ready to start our own family...needless to say I read the books, tracked the symptoms and had no luck :( SO...October came...one of my FAVORITE months and Oktoberfest, one of my favorite hobbies DRINKING!!! Well that month we were also buying a new car, because my husband was NEVER comfortable in my car, and we wanted something family friendly and ended up getting a Honda CRV 2010 (glacier blue- 4WD). Well the day we got home from buying the care I began to think..."hmmm...it was quite a long time ago that Aunt Flow came to visit (which really isn't all that odd for me) so I peed on a stick." And there was a second blue line...WHAT!? Was I really seeing that? We were not sure so we went to Walgreen's and got the digital test, and sure enough 6am the next morning we got a BIG FAT POSITIVE!!! OMG....
The first doctors appointment was at about 5 weeks pregnant, and they did a full healthy women's exam as well as taking 8 tubes of blood. The blood work showed I had low Progesterone so I needed to take a supplement until I was 12 weeks pregnant. OK...no big deal, but a little scary. Low Progesterone means you are not producing a needed hormone that makes a good strong cushion for the baby to attach to and get nutrients from before the placenta takes over at about 12 weeks.
At the first ultrasound, the OB expected me to be 7 weeks...but all they found was a yolk sac....so was the baby developing, or did it stop developing at 5 weeks? WELL, 2 weeks later we had another ultrasound and it showed the baby developing at 7 weeks with a heart beat of 158. WHEW...another scare adverted! (adverted? is that the right word?)
Around 9 weeks pregnant I noticed I might have an infection, and wanted it to get taken care of before I left for the Bahamas...so I went into the OB and sure enough I had an infection, and needed to use a 7 day yucky medicine to get rid of it. Oh but I also got to hear babies heart beat on the doppler (165 bpm)!!!
My husband and I took our babymoon in the Bahamas (YAY!!!) and upon our return home I noticed I was bleeding a little (dark brown= old blood). I called the OB and they told me it was probably from being dehydrated from traveling, however they did a doppler and found a good heart bead 163bpm, and did another well woman's exam to look for typical/atypical bacterias. WHEW...two times in 1 week I got to hear baby!!!!
SO....the next morning I wake up and I am just bleeding, bright red blood, my worst fear...I have or am loosing my baby :( Well I called my mom (not sure of what else to do) and she lovingly came over to keep me company :) I called the OB exchange, and they did not seem very concerned since I wasn't having cramps or hemorrhaging, so I had to wait until 11:30 to get in for an ultrasound and follow up. Well...right there on the ultrasound screen was my little baby be-bopping around!!! It had a little heart beat of 168 bpm, and they found no reason for the bleeding, so I was sent home on full pelvic rest and light duty (like 1/2 bed rest).
The next week I had my normal first trimester appointment (this was supposed to be my second appointment ever, and it ended up being the 4th in 1 week!!!) My OB explained that the reasoning for my bleeding was not found, and that I need to remain on pelvic rest and light duty until my next appointment in 4 weeks. She also explained that I have a heart shaped uterus. Sounds cute right? She said that basically 2 things will happen 1) preterm labor- having the baby around 20 weeks (too early to sustain life) or 2) having the baby in a breech position because of the shape of my uterus the baby will not be able to turn to prepare for being born and I will have to have a C-section. Well....that doesn't sound very exciting, so I came home and asked Dr. Google (ALWAYS a bad idea)...now I have about 10 more questions for the doctor, and hope she can give me some answers to relieve some of my worries. Oh and if your wondering don't look it up, there is not a lot of good information about it, and there are many different levels of severity...so who knows, everything is beyond my control.
As of now, I have not had any more scary things happen in about 2 weeks!!! WOW! I can not even believe it! On New Years day 2011 I will be 13 weeks along!!!! GROW BABY GROW
No comments:
Post a Comment