A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Lampley- Party of Four

We meet again... Of course I think about blogging often. But things always seem to get in the way, and time gets away from me. Landon is 7 weeks old today and I've been back to work for one week...but we will get to all that in a few. 

Allie is learning everyday how to be a big sister. It is nice that she is 3&1/2, can be helpful, and keep herself "busy" (a little) so we can care for the baby. She has had an increase in behaviors-specifically not listening, not following directions, and whining. But this has been a big adjustment for everyone.  Good thing she is so cute, and she is one smart little girl!! She impresses me every day with her questions. 

Scott is on the verge of his final year in his 30's... So crazy to think I met him in his 20's ;-) he has REALLY stepped up his dad game since Landon has arrived. It's really cool to see. Of course he does a lot better with Allie because she can talk/walk/eat on her own. It has been pretty difficult for him to learn to soothe Landon- specifically in the evenings during the "witching hours". 

Landon and I had a difficult first few weeks at home. Not to mention it was Christmas/New Years right after he was born. He was nursing between 4-6 hours for only 20 minutes and at 2 weeks old he had lost almost a pound. The pediatrician told me to supplement with formula, and I cried right there in the doctors office. The same thing happened with Allie, which lead to a WHOLE other situation after we introduced a bottle and formula at only 2 weeks. I was not excited about supplementing, so I didn't. I increased nursing length and sessions and he began gaining weight- almost gained a pound in 4 days!! It was tough, but I was determined (and hormonal- I cried a bit). 

Landon has been great- fussy when he needs something- obviously. I HAD to go back to work at 6 weeks (even though I had an additional 4 weeks I had saved to use for the baby). This again lead to more feeding problems. Landon took his bottles at daycare like a champ- 4oz each time. However once we got home he would nurse for 2+hours straight each night, he would cry when he latched, and he was very squirmy while nursing- never content. He also went from sleeping 5-6 hours at night to sleeping 3 max... Good thing he's so cute... Those days back at work plus a big lack of sleep have led me to have a cold :-( It looks like I'm going to have his daycare workers slow down his bottle feedings, so he doesn't prefer the bottle over me- that would be devastating for me. He was back on schedule after being at home after 2 days, nursing and sleeping better. I guess we will see how this next weeks goes- good thing I'm part time. 

Landon is getting so strong, holding his head up well and rolling from side to side- he has rolled all the way over a few times, but not consistently. We are transitioning to crib naps in the morning, and he sleeps swaddled in a rock n play next to our bed. He smiles a lot and is pretty content to hang out during the day. Evenings are tough- he is hungry/tired and difficult to soothe... But I'm pretty sure every kiddo has their time of the day.  He has had some baby acne for the past few weeks (Allie never had this) but it is clearing up now. I can't wait to see what the next few weeks have in store. 

I'm taking everything one day at a time with this little guy. He's growing so fast, and we know we will not have another baby. Just trying to cherish the little moments and watch the relationship grow between Allie and her baby brother. Being a parent is so bittersweet :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment