A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Monday, July 7, 2014

4 months!

Wow! How am I already 4 months pregnant? I had these wild dreams of blogging weekly pregnancy updates (because I follow bloggers who do). But after writing weekly updates I decided not to post them. I have a weekly book that I update (by hand- old fashioned like), but I decided not to put my whole life out there right now. However, here are some of my random happening the past 16 weeks!

I felt great in the beginning, used exercise to curb morning sickness- still running, lifting heavy, and doing some Insanity. Around 7 weeks my morning sickness ramped up big time- 24 hours a day bad! 8 weeks- we saw and heart the baby's heart beat! 9 weeks-  I was told not to run/lift, but I continued to walk fast ;-). 12 weeks- another ultrasound and saw the baby's heart beat, but I was not to exercise, lift over 5 pounds (including Allie) and take it VERY easy. Week 14- ultrasound showed things getting better, still not to exercise or lift anything over 5 pounds. 

I'm feeling a little "soft" but following doctors orders! I begged them to let me walk slowly a few weeks ago, so I have been doing that to keep a little active. My goal this pregnancy is to keep the baby and myself healthy. I'm also embracing the "bump". Yes, I already have a little bump, and I am going to show it off! Watch out Instagram! Here come a slew of selfies! 

My next appt is later this week, and we maybe able to find out the baby's sex! I'm also hoping for a better ultrasound this week, so cross your fingers and say your prayers for baby #2! Allie is convinced it is a baby sister- which is interesting because this pregnancy has been 100% different than with her. Time will tell! I've gained a little more energy lately and have begun nesting/cleaning/decorating a little more. Watch out house (poor husband)! Here are some pics of house updates, bumps, and baby #2!

Collage wall/pulling weeds/new back door

16 week bump and 12 week baby





No comments:

Post a Comment