A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bloggin' 'round...

Hi, it's me again...the girl who blogs once every couple of months. Let me just say these last couple of months have been CRAZY!

Allie is now 21 months old- picking up an average of 100000 words per day, and pretty much knows what you are talking about at all times. She is becoming Ms. Independent and she knows it. I'm ok with it most of the time, but some things she does are just ridiculous- sitting in the parking lot because she wants to walk, and I let her walk if she is holding my hand, but she refuses so she sits down in the parking lot until I pick her little wet noodle body up and carry her...oh and she has bit me 2 times, good thing she enjoys "time out".... But really on a good note she is so funny and cute and says the funniest things. Too smart for her own good ;-)

Our house is back on the market- we were trying to get it waterproofed before we listed it on, but that is taking FOREVER because of the wet weather. Our basement sump pump has been installed, and our floor has been repainted and looks amazing! We are just waiting for the cracks in the wall to be injected and waterproofed, which can only be done when it is not wet and leaking. Then we will paint the walls and be done with it! Well besides moving things around. 1/2 of all of our stuff is either at my brothers house or in storage, I have no idea what I own any more :-/

All this selling and moving is overrated. It sucks...I'm hoping its better on the other side once we sell (God willing someone will buy our house) and find a new house and move in. I'm sure we will be busy but being able to have a messy house once in a while will be delightful.

Scott's grandma has a big birthday coming up! She will be 99 in 21 days! She is one of the oldest people that I have ever met. Unfortunately, she recently had a medical set back and is no longer living at my in-laws. We had a great visit with her today and she was able to see Allie (and us) for a little bit. I'm hoping with all the extra prayers and support she will get better soon!

And lastly Scott and I had our first big trip without Allie! We went to New Orleans, one of our favorite places! We stayed in a room that didn't have a window to the outside, which was great for sleeping! And we ate and drank so much good food! Places we ate at include: Surrey's (stuffed bananas fosters french toast- O.M.G.), Mother's (po-boys- ehh...I wouldn't go back), Yo Momma's (burger with peanut butter and bacon- sounds gross but it was great!), Cafe du Monde (beignets- yummy), Acme Oyster Bar (biggest oysters I've seen in my life, but I had the best po-boy and hush puppies), Central Grocey (best muffuletts ever. And we partied at Razoos and Pat O'breins and a dozen other bars that I don't remember. We need a vacation from our vacation! Whew!

Oh and a few other things to mention about these past few months, we had a HUGE snow storm at the end of March, and we ended up having a snow day on a Monday! It was great then, but I'm paying for it now by trying to catch up with all my evaluations and paper work at work. Scott and his mom celebrated a birthday! We celebrated by going to SugarFire BBQ near us and it is AMAZING! Best BBQ Ive had in a while. Oh, and it was Easter. We celebrated in Troy with an Easter egg hunt and the creepiest Easter bunny around, and then again in O'Fallon with just my mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa- very low key this year.

I hope to post more frequently...but until then here are a few pics for you to enjoy!









2 comments: