A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

8 weeks!

Wow! Allison is 8 weeks old today. We are working at figuring out cloth diapers and sleep (patterns/schedules).

We started BumGenius 4.0 cloth diapers and I love them! They are super cute, and WAY easier than even I thought. I just like to think about the money we will save :$

Sleeping on the other hand...Allie has slept GREAT! Probably TOO good to be truthful. Currently she is sleeping between 6-8 hours at night, and takes about 3-4 naps a day. However the breakdown occurs during her naps- I am working on putting her in her crib for at least 1 nap a day. Today she made it 30 min, it was successful, but she got really upset so I am holding her for the rest of the nap. I probably shouldn't, but I'm a pushover and I don't want to make her upset.

At night while she is fast asleep I am being a crazy mom and sleeping in the bed next to her (in her room) making sure she is still breathing. So...I am working at getting back into my own bed with my husband. Saturday night was the first time we put her down and went to sleep together in another bedroom (we have a video monitor). I'm not going to lie I cried, and physically felt sick to my stomach. I made it about 4.5 hours before having to get up (I always get up at least once because she goes so long between feedings). So at that time I decided to go ahead and stay in her room. I'm taking baby steps...but it is better than nothing (right?)

Lets fast forward to Sunday. I commented to Scott that I/we did pretty well the previous night, He thought it was rough (for me mostly) and all I really brought to the bed was terror and anxiety ;)

I have hope that things will continue to get easier and better...next will be to get her in her crib instead of the rock n' play :)

As far as Allie's development she is good at holding her neck up independently. Her hair, eye lashes, and eye brows are growing. She is smiling more and more and continues to roll from side to side (started at week 2), but it is getting quicker! I can only imagine she will be rolling over before we know it!

Until next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment