A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy February!

The first month of 2013 has come and gone- and what a busy month is has been!

Allie is just about 19 months old, and talking up a storm. She is becoming more independent and not wanting to be held too much any more. She is a little sponge and soaking up everything we do/say these days, and LOVING choo-choos! This past week was tough because she had the stomach flu, so she was a little under the weather most of the week. On my days off she was able to get caught up on sleep and get better. We attended a busy bag swap last weekend where we swapped 23 bags of activities to keep little hands busy. The bags are so awesome! I can't wait for Allie to understand more of them, but until then we will play with the ones she understands :-) We also had a play date on Friday with some local mommas and their adorable kiddos- Allie has a great time playing with other kiddos and it is so fun to see her interact with them!

As far as my New Years Resolutions- I have continued to drop weight, about a pound a week, and I have taken 2 NEW (to me) exercise classes so far! Kettle ball- which I really loved after I saw how sore I was a few days after- I've been using a few of the moves in my everyday workouts. I also tried a new studio called Barre3- it is a mix between Pilates, yoga, and Ballet. It was a free class, so I couldn't pass something like that up! I'm glad I did it, but I will probably not be going back- I wasn't sore enough the next day ;-)

On a more solemn note my aunts brother passed away this month. He was a great guy and touched so many lives. Our deepest thoughts are with his family at this difficult time. Also, one of our favorite child care workers from the J passed away this past weekend. She was in charge of the Kid Zone and made sure all the kids were always well cared for. She had been battling a series of illnesses recently, and we were looking forward to her coming back soon...she will be missed by many. Rest In Peace.....

No comments:

Post a Comment