A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

My how the time flies!

I had been doing so well at keeping my blog up to date, and somehow things just got away from me... Oh well :-) I suppose I will update you with a few happenings and then share my weekly menu with you all.

We have been enjoying some of the fall events around town this year.  So far we have been to the St. Ann fall festival and Allie saw her first parade.  We supported Overland and headed up to their Heritage Festival, we browsed all the little tents with homemade "stuff" and enjoyed some live music. We also made it to the St. Charles Oktoberfest (Allie's 2nd time!)  Two weeks in a row we were able to get babysitters and go to a friends house for a BBQ, and then to Oktoberfest in Soulard (it was ok this year- a new location that I was not that fond of...oh and they only had 1 stand with pretzles, WHAT?! Why do you think I go to Oktoberfest?). We celebrated my father in laws birthday a little early, and I was able to visit my grandma last week.

Allie is getting busier everyday! She has started to put a few simple words together, and really she is as sweet as can be :-) she just learns so much each day it is amazing. Oh, and her new "trick" is the wet noodle...when we go to pick her up and it is at a time that she is NOT interested in moving, she turns into a wet noodle and throws a little fit...too funny!

As for my weekly menu I really have not given it much though...so here goes nothing (and YES, I know I made that monthly calendar, but I'm not sure we have stuck to that on more than 3 occasions  :-)

Monday- Quinoa wraps - I just made this up ;-)
-cooked quinoa, black beans, shredded cheese, and veggies (it reminds me of the power bowl from Crazy Bowls and Wraps- without the chicken)

Tuesday-10 can soup (this is my own edited version of 10 can soup)
-1 can rotel-1 can chili with beans-1 can chili without beans-1 can tomatoe soup-1 can veggie soup-1 can diced tomatoes-1 bag frozen mixed veggies-1 pound of ground meat browned- mix it all together on the stove, or in the crockpot.

Wednesday- mini meat-loaves
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mini-meatloaves/ 
-I use bread crumbs instead of oats

Thursday- home made pizza
I use the bread machine to make the pizza dough from scratch, then we add premade pizza sauce, a little Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and toppings of our choice.

Friday- leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment