A blog about being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, and an OT. Making life more fun one day at a time!

Monday, August 1, 2011

My body....

Let's face it, I had a baby. I did not have the "perfect" body before trying to get pregnant and it only got worst while "trying". But I am strong, healthy, and I grew a human inside of me! Well I sure do have the stretch marks to show..and YES as soon as I got pregnant I used lotion/cocoa butter DAILY to AVOID these marks- but I am pretty sure they are hereditary (thanks mom :) ). I am about 3 weeks out from having my beautiful daughter and 9 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight (I was at the doctor's 1 week ago). But it is so hard to look at your body after having a baby and find yourself beautiful. So here is a little quote someone shared with me to shine light on this topic:

"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment